A poodle skirt is always an excellent choice for Halloween or a Sock Hop, but have you ever considered wearing one at other times of the year? In the 1950s the poodle skirt was a part of everyday fashion, and with a few quick changes you can rock one any day of the year!
- ~Dress up your poodle skirt by pairing it with a blouse. You'll be surprised at how a row of buttons can change the look of your outfit.
- ~Trade your bobby socks and saddle shoes for vintage nylons and heels.
- ~Instead of tying a scarf around your neck, wear a vintage necklace or brooch.
- ~Accessorize with bracelets and add glamour to your arms. Depending on the occaision, you may even consider wearing a pair of gloves!
- ~An easy way to change the look of your poodle skirt is to change up your cinch belt. You'll find a wide variety of different styles available online, from sleek and sophisticated black belts, to colorful belts that are covered in jewels.
- ~A cardigan will add instant class to your poodle skirt, and you can wear it over any top. If you are really looking to coordinate your ensemble, consider a sweater set.
- ~When styling your hair, think beyond the ponytail and poodle skirt combination and try a more elegant vintage hairstyle.
- ~Don't forget the importance of the pettiskirt! A crinoline slip will add just the right bit of "oomph" to your skirt, and help it evolve from a costume into a coordinated outfit.